God is doing so much through the mission here in my neighborhood! Yet nothing can happen apart from dedicated prayer and intercession. No relationships, no redemption, no reconciliation is possible without that. Pray with me as God stirs the hearts and lives of people in Wauconda and Woodland Village.
- Our missional community is gathering each Wednesday for a meal in the mobile home park. Pray that we continue to establish, build and deepen relationships among my neighbors.
- “Experiencing the Sent Life,” a summer mission program, kicks off June 20 with 4-6 teens from Wauconda and the surrounding area. I will introduce students to core missional principles, provide practical experience in mission, and encourage their “missional imagination.” Pray God burns a heart for himself and for mission in these students’ lives, using them to further his kingdom here and now.
- In July, the ETSL team and others from Fusion Church will have a Backyard Summer Club for the kids in Woodland Village. Our goal is to build relationships with kids and their parents, as well as help reorient students to learning in time for school. Pray God helps us meet that goal and then some.
- In August YBS, our youth discipleship group, will be heading to Wisconsin for camping and a time of spiritual formation. Pray all are able to go and that God meets them in a new way. Pray the leaders are sensitive to the Spirit.
- God has been giving me many opportunities to speak at churches about the mission, as well as to preach from God’s word. Pray that God stirs the “missional imagination” of the people in the churches, so that they can envision how and where God would have them step out in mission.
- Pray with me as I lead a discipleship group of women. God has brought tremendous transformation in each of their lives in just four months of meeting. Pray that I lead with character and skill, moving them forward in discipleship. These women are such a blessing to me!
- Lastly, pray that I have the finances to continue the mission. I am at a critical juncture in my ability to do what God has called me to do. I’m grateful that overall support has increased but it not yet sufficient, especially in light of my need to reduce hours with clients. Pray I do what God would have me do and that I am faithful to the call.
Thank you for praying for me, the mission and these requests.